While working on their concepts, each team was asked to choose two of a number of platforms on which the product would be focused. Here's how we thought Kupla would work best:
- Online Community (next level social media)
- Interactive database via an app for mobile devices as well as being augmented into interactive TV.
- It provides shared information on films etc. from within the movie, meaning you don’t have to go away from the film, and look up the information. Information is built into the movie interface.
- New touch screen elements i.e. SmartTVs, meaning users can click on any area within the movie to find information i.e. landscapes, products, how to build a particular item of furniture etc.
- Open source- shared knowledge, films that are older may not already have the information available however someone with a particular interest and knowledge of a film can add information to older films via the open source database.
- Introduces the idea of gamification- you can learn how to do things such as karate moves, play a song on guitar, or learn how to perform CPR.
- Easily integrated with VOD and cloud-based films.
The revenues model we think that could be more profitable is one that the users don’t have to pay. It’s important because we need our product to become popular, for at least two reasons: Firstly because in a way our product uses a wiki style model to grow, to expand the database, so it only can be possible if there’s a lot of users. The second reason is that when you have one popular product, every company becomes interested in it, so the money will soon be available.
We need the product to be attractive for companies and to become a profitable company without damaging the users’ experience. So we should study how the different income strategies affect their app experience.
We hope you're as excited about Kupla as we are, in fact we were so excited about this concept that we created a digital realisation of what it might look like. This is our vision for Kupla and you can check it out below. Why not try clicking on the motorbikes? Or Tom Cruises's Jacket? Remember, you'll get to know what you see if you use Kupla.